Call For Abstracts
- The Scientific Committee invites the submission of abstracts to be considered for Oral or Poster presentation
- The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 31 April 2021.
- Registrars and postgraduate students are specifically invited to present.
- All abstracts must be submitted online via the website www.sasop2021.co.za
- E-mailed or faxed abstracts will not be accepted
- All appropriate abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. All abstracts received will be acknowledged, and authors will be sent acceptance or rejection letters by 30 June 2021
- Please note that the presenter of the accepted abstract must register and all costs, including registration fees, are for the author’s own expense
Instructions to Authors:
1. Each abstract must clearly state the following:
- Abstract title (the title of the abstract must not exceed 20 words)
- Name of contributing author(s). The name of the presenting author must appear first in the list of authors.
- Affiliation of all author(s).
- Contact details of the first author (telephone numbers, e-mail address etc)
2. Abstracts must be typed in English, single line spacing.
3. The body of the text must not exceed 350 words (this excludes the information listed in point 1)
4. Please adhere to the following format:
- Introduction: should be brief and informative and state the aim of the study
- Methods: include a description of subjects and research methodology
- Results: outline the findings of the study supported by statistics as appropriate. Do not use figures, graphs or tables in the abstract. The data provided must be sufficient to permit peer review of the abstract
- Conclusion: provide summary and relevance of the main findings